=>*kta's blog*<=

This blog was made in my english class with mr hide in my school colegio jorge washington in cartagena, colombia i hope you like it!!

Friday, February 09, 2007

°Aids°

Statistics
· Over 40 million people around the world are living with HIV or AIDS
· Just under 14,000 new cases of HIV infections occur every single day
· 95 per cent of all AIDS cases occur in the world's poorest countries
· Over 4 million people were infected with HIV in 2006
· 3 million people died from AIDS-related illnesses in 2006 - that's more than 8,000 death a day
· There are over 60,000 people in the UK living with HIV

HIV
HIV or human immunodeficiency virus has no cure. The immune system can’t fight over this virus, the immune system is a system that fights against infections but HIV attacks and destroys the immune system. If you have HIV you don’t necessarily have aids you can live years with ought knowing that you are infected with HIV and not having any of the symptoms and feel perfectly healthy, but after several years you would start having this aids symptoms.

AIDS
Aids stands for acquired immune deficiency syndrome, this are a group of illnesses and diseases that the immune system is vulnerable to.

How is HIV Transmitted?
You can become infected with the HIV virus by having sexual relations with ought protection or by using a needle that a person with HIV has already used. This virus (HIV) lives on blood sperm and vaginal flood.

Other ways by witch you can get infected is by transmission of organs or infected blood, also from mother to baby. The baby can get infected while pregnancy, birth, or breastfeeding. But there are some steps that a mother infected can take to reduce the risk of passing the infection to her baby. Also the organs and blood are usually tested for HIV before transmissions.

HIV is not transmitted by kissing, insect nor animal bites, shaking hands, hugging, using a public toilet, sharing food or drinks, and by swimming in a pool.

Treatment
There is no vaccine against HIV and it has no cure but there are drugs anti HIV or to slow down the damage done to the immune system, but sometimes these drugs have side effects.

My Opinion
I think that teens need to be more aware about this infection. They need to be more educated about this subject because this is really becoming a great deal on teens. Many people especially teens are dying because of this infection although there are a lot of campaigns against having sexual relations with ought protection.
So with schools educating teens about how to prevent HIV I think that the average people having HIV will reduce. An example of this is Africa. Some African countries have small amounts of schools so children don’t get so much education a result is high average of people with HIV. One time I saw an interview about a man who had HIV and he said that before having the virus he was a very happy person and he was very confident but know he was scared that people would not accept him because he had the virus. So the women that was interviewing him asked him that why didn’t he protected during sexual relationship and he said that he never thought about that no one never talked him about what was HIV and how it was transmitted. So if teens would be more educated there wouldn’t be so much people dying because of this virus.

Where My Path Leads
I think that I’ve learned a lot of aids and that this project has helped me to realize how is this virus affecting teens so much. And I am happy with how much I now about this subject, maybe I am missing some details but I am really confident with how much I now.

Well this post reflects what I am really concern about. So I hope you¡ve learn a lot and hope you enjoid it byeeee! :0

pstt: you can also go to my source of information click here.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Suadi..... said…

    Hi Cata whats up! I really agree with you. Many childrens are dying from many diseases. I think you should do that for the teen life project.

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Blogger Hiv News said…

    I think it's a wonderful/beautiful thing that you put all this energy in love for others. i'm a supporter and wish you all the best always. keep up the great work and keep us informed.


    I really admire the way you approach to tackle this matter, which became a global issue. I will be observing your future works and submitting my own views and results of my personal researches.
    Last week I have found a nice informative guide on HIV from following URL http://www.helpcure.com/hiv/
    This guide says - How To Cure HIV Through herbal medicines and Holistic Treatment. Guide claims that HIV viruses can't be killed but they can be ousted out of the body cells using bio magnetic repulsion or something written. I dreamt of a HIV free world after reading this guide. Please add some thing more. I shall link from my blogs to this blog to day itself.

    Hope to read more from you people soon.
    Wish you all a nice and fantastic Day for you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home