=>*kta's blog*<=

This blog was made in my english class with mr hide in my school colegio jorge washington in cartagena, colombia i hope you like it!!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

.·::·.The World, Teens, and are Future.·::·.

Hi, for all of you that don't now me my name is Catalina and I like my friends to call me cata. I live in Cartagena, Colombia and I am 13 years old. I studie in colegio jorge washington (cojowa) it is one of the best schools in Cartagena. I love my school the only thing wrong about it is that it is too small but we had decided to move to the "zona norte" and have a buetiful and huge school. My schdule strarts at 6:00AM when I have to wakeup to go to school and be on time there at 7:00AM. Iam in the soccer team so every monday, wensday, and frieday I have to stay after chool to practice. after my soccer practice are over I go to my basketball practice. I always and up really tired and sometimes I finish my homework very late at night. I am also at STUCO (student concil) and we have metings every wensday after school.

If you ask me about my city I would tell you that it is wonderful, Cartagena is like a living hood it is so small that you can go everywhere walking and meet with people, that is what we usually do here on weekends. We also have the opportunity to go to the beach because Cartagena is by the sea. Also we can go downtown or as we call it here “El Centro” and you can watch all the old style houses that were built along time ago when Spanish people came to conquer the city. But Cartagena has bad things as well.

Yesterday my English teacher assigned us to write an introduction about what concerns us. What concerns me? Many things such as my country. I love Colombia but I have to accept that we are in a kind of civil war. This concerns me because they (“guerrilleros”) are destroying everything including families. The guerrilleros take children that have no education and they offer them money, education and many things that they don’t have in their lives so they join the guerrilla. This people think that they are right and that they are heroes. So they kidnap people such as corrupts and they have them kidnap for a lot of years. But they kidnap innocent people as well and then they ask their families for money to return them.

This takes me to another concern such as orphans in the world this kids are children who don’t have parents so they don’t receive education nor a living and this children are the future. Because the ones who are living in the future are children and if this children don’t receive education and nothing similar to it when they grow they won’t be good persons.

Another thing that concerns me is global warming. Earth has a great atmosphere and it is such a shame that we are damaging it. Right now we are not having to much effects but if people keep damaging the atmosphere on the future people like us (kids) will suffer many changes and have a lot more effects.

And finally something that really is concerning me right now is addictions. Drugs, alcohol, and smoking are the most common addictions. This really concerns me because these things are really bad and know kids my age are doing it. I just can’t believe that people so young are already being addicts to these things and people now that it is bad! And the worst thing is that some people get into it by group pressure!

Well this are the things that most concern me about the world, teens and are future I hope you had like it.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Catalina!
    My name is Anna and I am from Snow Lake, Manitoba in Canada. I really agree with your issues, especially Global Warming. I certainly don't want our Earth to die out. Well, I love your blog. If you want you can check mine out at http://annar.learnerblogs.org/
    ♥Anna

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heyy!
    My name is Shyla and like Anna, I am from Snow Lake too. You're blog post was really good. You seem like you thought about your issues alot and it was interesting to read. I agree with all of them and I hope you keep blogging. If you want to check my blog out it is http://shylaa.learnerblogs.org/
    Shyla♥

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi =)

    Like Shyla and Anna, I'm from Snow Lake as well. Your blog is extremely well done, and this post is amazing. I totally agree with the global warming concern; I wrote about it on my blog too. I mean, everyone's concerned about it, but we're the ones causing it! We can do a lot of simple things to prevent it, though. The drugs and alcohol is a good one to consider too. It's going up increasingly, and the sad part is, people know it can damage them - yet they do it. This blog post was really well done and has great information. Keep it up! =)

    - April

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Catalina!
    I'm Sai and unlike Shyla, Anna or April, I am from Mr.Raisdana's class.I watched the movie that you guys made and it was awesome. You really thought about what you were writing and that's great because the issues that you write about are deep and concern many issues around. I am really interested in global warming issues, yet, the ozone layer is slowly repairing itself. However, people must still try their best to ensure that the ozone layer is in place because it is something very valuable to us. Check out my blog::

    http://www.sai8.learnerblogs.org

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Valeria S. said…

    Hey Kat,
    I agree with you, and I also think that kids and teens are the future of this world. I everyone wants a better future, they need to give good excample. Orphans only have one example and it is the example of what they see in streets, which is not very good; it is full of bandalism and thieves, etc. Also, Colombian people are very concerns of "guerrilleros". They are the ones that have "manchado" Colombia's profile and we have to pay the consequences. Also they are terrorists that the only thing that they do is to worse our name everyday more and to damage us. All your issues seem to be veyr interestings. I would love to continue writing but i have to go know . bye
    VaLs

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Isa M. said…

    Hi Cat! I took some ideas of your and put them on mines to make it better, thanks for the help.
    I have to accept that I agree with you Cata, the guerrilleros are taking the contorl of Colombia by taking people and making their family destroy because they don´t have money to pay their freedom.These is causing people poverty and orphans in the streets begging for money.
    Good job Cat keep it up!
    Bye (k)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home